The chemical industry is a highly competitive business domain where emerging technologies, new competitors and changing regulations are a norm rather than an exception. The present state of the global chemical industry is ripe for digital revolution. Companies are being pushed to lean on modern technology to stay in competition and create new and innovative products and services.
The constant and consistent demand for new and improved products in the chemical industry keeps leaders on their toes and urges them to rethink the way they operate. While leading companies are reimagining ways to apply modern technology into their processes, it’s no longer enough to stay competitive but deliver business value by espousal digital transformation.
The unique power of SAP Business One as an integrated enterprise resource planning (ERP) makes it ideal for small and medium chemical businesses whether they are in wholesale distribution, manufacturing or retail.
Benefits of SAP Business One for Chemical Industry
For chemical companies SAP Business One is a very useful application as it covers all the aspects of distribution and production in the chemical industry. The use, which can be easily integrated, scaled and bespoke, is used by thousands of chemical companies worldwide. SAP Business One for the chemical industry can be used to manage a assortment of critical business functions, including financial management, manufacturing, sales and distribution.
There are several good reasons why chemical companies use SAP Business One:
- Helps in scaling up built-up operations
- Cost reduction
- Delivers all the core functionality required to support operations
- Aids in meeting industry, quality and regulatory compliance standards by allowing the flow of clear and transparent data and information right through the supply chain
- Provides automated alerts, workflows and responses to key events and customers’ needs helping you stay in control of your business
- Helps in streamlining operations by eliminating the occurrence of redundant data entries and errors
- Integrates impeccably with key business processes such as production, accounts, inventory, sales and purchasing
- Easy to use, integrate, customize and scale
Transform your Chemical Industry with SAP Business One
Here are some rich and original features of SAP Business One that your chemical business can leverage.
- Production: You can easily handle independent end items and control the production of finished goods and intermediaries. Option for sizing by volume, weight and equipment, as well as MIX, FILL and ASSEMBLY batch types are some other useful features.
- Formulation: SAP Business One for chemicals allows comprehensive, multilevel formula management with an option to rollback. Other features include material substitutions and mixed units of measure.
- Compliance: Compliance is easy with this application as it allows users to record ingredients, shelf life, safety data sheets and lot recall. Users can also create a wide range of compliance reports according to various benchmarks and parameters.
- Planning: For the planning phase Master Production Schedule (MPS) and Material Requirements Planning (MRP) are handy features.
- Laboratory: With SAP Business One, you can define raw material/ ingredients specifications and details of product development on screen.